Africa - Naturgy - About us

URLPROV /Publicacion/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=CORP%2FPage%2FGNF_GlobalLayout&cid=1477595285482&pagename=CORPWrapper

Africa

We are present in Algeria and Morocco

Algeria

We maintain commercial relationships for the sale and purchase of gas in several countries, including Algeria, where begin the Medgaz Gas Pipeline, in which the company closed the purchase of 34% from Mubadala in April 2020, thus becoming the owner of 49% and Sonatrack the remaining 51%.

The Medgaz gas pipeline was opened in 2011 and connects the Algerian gas fields of  Hassi R’Mel to the Spanish gas pipeline network, after travelling through Algeria and crossing the Mediterranean Sea to reach Almeria.

This international and multidisciplinary project represents the most direct and economical way to supply natural gas to southern Europe, benefitting the end consumer.

 

Medgaz gas pipeline

Morocco

Naturgy's activity in Morocco is mainly focused on operating the Moroccan section of the Maghreb–Europe Gas Pipeline (GME), with 540 Km., operated by EMPL. This pipeline measures 1,400 kilometres in length and it stretches across Morocco from the Hassi R’Mel gas field in Algeria to the Strait of Gibraltar and the Iberian Peninsula, where it connects to an extensive European network of gas pipelines.

Europe Maghreb Pipeline Limited (EMPL) was set up in July 1992 to promote, finance and operate the Maghreb - Europe Gas Pipeline through Morocco. Furthermore, the company Metragaz was also incorporated in July 1992. Its initial purpose was to build the gas pipeline and, once in service, to operate and maintain the gas pipeline installations on behalf of EMPL. Sagane is the company through which Naturgy has stakes in Metragaz (76.68%) and EMPL (77.2%).

 

Europe Maghreb Pipeline Limited

rgpdactive true

IDSFACTURA - NATURGYFACTURA

IDSPAGE - 1477595285482

argssite - CORP